Friday, January 23, 2009

Even looking pouchy road weary

The fun began before the curtains even opened as the upstairs bar showcased a superb display of art from previous award-winners including Robert Wilson, with his exciting collages, and Michael Beecher with his extraordinary ceramic Buxton Babylon tower complete with tiny books. Even if hes looking pouchy and a bit road weary these days, its precisely the kind of thing audiences expect to see from the star of such so-cheesy-its-genius action fare as director John Woos Hard Target (1993) and Double Team (1997), opposite basketball bad-boy Dennis Rodman. Cyrus explains, My driving instructor scares me. Ive restructured my whole tour so I can do that. Amy Winehouse has reportedly taken a shine to 16-year-old X Factor hopeful Eoghan Quigg. A flash image of Elizabeth Taylor appeared in my mind, a woman who for me embodies the model successful actress with an effortless air of nobility.

No comments: